If you have ever been in a hurry and forgot to open your garage door before pulling out of the driveway, you know how frustrating it can be when the door closes automatically. This is because most garage doors have sensors that detect when something is blocking the way, and will close automatically to prevent accidents. While this safety feature is helpful, there are times when you may need to bypass these sensors. In this blog post, we will show you how to do just that!
What are garage door sensors?
Most garage doors have sensors that are located at the bottom of the door. These sensors emit an infrared beam that crosses the opening of the door. If this beam is interrupted, it will trigger the sensor and cause the garage door to close automatically. There are two main types of garage door sensors:
– Photoelectric sensors:
These emit a beam of infrared light that is interrupted when something crosses the path, causing the garage door to close.
– Magnetic sensors:
These are located on either side of the door opening and use magnets to detect when something is in the way. If the magnetic field is interrupted, it will trigger the sensor and cause the garage door to close.
How to bypass garage door sensors?
There are a few different ways that you can bypass garage door sensors:
– Use a pencil to press and hold the ” learn” or ” smart” button. This will disable the sensors temporarily.
– Place a piece of tape over the sensor eyes. This will prevent the infrared beam from being interrupted and will allow the garage door to stay open.
– Use a credit card to wedge between the sensor and the garage door. This will break the infrared beam and will keep the garage door from closing.
– Disconnect the wires that connect the sensors to the garage door opener. This will disable the sensors completely.
– If the garage door still closes after you have bypassed the sensors, it may be because the garage door opener is not working properly. Check to make sure that the opener is plugged in and that the batteries are fresh.
– If the sensors are still not working after you have tried all of these troubleshooting tips, you may need to replace them. You can purchase new sensors at most hardware stores.
Emerald Garage Doors, a local company here in Seattle:
If you’re in the market for a new garage door, or if you need repairs done on your existing one, we highly recommend Emerald Garage Doors. We’ve been serving for years and they always do a great job! .
Emerald Garage Doors, a local company here in Seattle, offers a wide variety of garage doors and services to meet your needs. They carry everything from traditional wood doors to modern aluminum ones, and they offer repair and installation services for all types of garage doors. No matter what your budget or style preferences are, Emerald Garage Doors is sure to have something that will work for you.
We hope that this blog post has helped you to understand how to bypass garage door sensors. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help! Thank you for reading!